Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Insert Witty Remark Here

Oh, the first entry on a new blog! It's one of those things where one has a vague idea where one wants the blog to go, but wants to avoid boxing oneself in too tightly.

So, over time, expect this blog to [d]evolve--perhaps more into something more specific, perhaps staying vague. You can, however, expect the following

  • Comments on movies (classic to contemporary), television, and internet media
  • Reviews on all of the above
  • Videos clips from all of the above
  • Sometimes an overly-English-major influenced discussion (I can't help it--I have two English degrees, so it comes out... and I teach English part-time, so...)
  • Occasional fangirl moments
  • Periodic foci on music more than video--probably not much, though.
  • Memes, but hopefully, not without commentary. I have a Tumblr for memes and images.
  • Some of my artwork that relates to movies, TV, and internet media.
So, there'll be a lot of material included under this umbrella, but there is a common theme, which should be pretty apparent.

Please be patient as I work out the kinks and get a feel for my movie-commentary voice. Hopefully, I'll settle into a fairly steady rhythm before long.

And to start, a piece of my own artwork (please do not steal--you may link and share, but make sure you're giving credit. I put many hours into my art, and while it may or may not be for everyone, it's still my work and property):

(Myrna Loy, black-and-white acrylic paint on Bristol board, 6x9", 2012, from studio photograph)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and filtered for spam, bigotry, unnecessarily harsh criticism, and trolling. My site, my rules. :) I'm not part of the government, so I'm not obligated to refrain from restricting free speech when it crosses personal boundaries. If that's acceptable, then please do comment away!